Re: [OT] Google Trends

Benjamin Franz wrote:
On Sat, 13 May 2006, Antonio Montagnani wrote:

FWIW, Microsoft too is trending downward. It doesn't mean anything.

Nice exercise in nothing though

To the contrary. Comparative trend analysis tells you a LOT. For example, try

No, it doesn't. Without a scale, it is completely meaningless.
Even with a scale, it tells you nothing. Perhaps the reason
there are few queries about Red Hat is that it is getting better,
so people are searching for fixes for defects less often. Or perhaps
the mail echoes are doing a better job. Or who knows what?

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.