Gnome sound problem after many hours (was Re: Xine startup problem under FC5)

Samuel Díaz García samueldg at arcoscom.com
Tue May 30 20:28:35 UTC 2006

For example, I reboot my laptop, and some hour later, I try to use some
application that uses sound. Messages about /dev/null used or
application crash or xine lock while trying something accurs.

Is as gnome lost the sound device and the apps don't find it.

I allwais need to restart genome (logout and login) to the sound returns.

Another app that crash is gaim (it locks), or k3b (it "uses" /dev/null),
xine locks, etc...

I detect the problem in the morning. I have configured xscreensaver
instead of gnome-screensaver because xine knows how to lock xscreensaver
when I play fullscreen movies.

Any help about the sound under gnome? It is horrible to stop browsers,
amule, and many other aplications and then restart gnome.

Any hint?

--
    Samuel Díaz García
     Director Gerente