Cut, Copy, Paste Nightmare

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Tue May 30 20:50:50 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 30 May 2006 10:56, David Cary Hart wrote:
> Maybe the problem is in KDE. Sometimes ctrl-c works; sometimes it
> does not. Sometimes highlight->right-click->copy works.
>
> But the biggest problem is with paste. ctrl-v never works.
> Shift-insert works but I never know what it will paste. Similarly,
> the middle button of my mouse works but I never know what I will get
> and it is different from the results of shift-insert.

Anything you highlight will be copied into the clipboard.  Shift-insert will
paste the last thing you selected from the clipboard.  That means you have to
look at the clipboard and select it.  This works great for copying a URL from
an email in kmail into Firefox in a different desktop.

The standard ctrl-c, ctrl-v and ctrl-x work fine within most KDE programs but
not all; it also works fine in Abiword.

HTH,
Tom

--