Re: Problems w/ serial flow control

Tim wrote:
On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 21:25 -0600, Philip Prindeville wrote:
I'm running FC3 on an MSI-7142 (K8MM-V motherboard), and using
the two serial ports on the m/b.  I used the stock
out-of-the-shrinkwrap settings for most hardware (except for the sound
board and X drivers), and things have worked fine.

But... when connecting to a router's console at 115200 with either
RTS/CTS or XON/XOFF flow control, I'm seeing dropped characters.

Looking at a friend's router, his one's serial port connection *ONLY*
had the three-wire type of serial connection.  So his couldn't possibly
use hardware handshaking (RTS/CTS).  Perhaps yours can't too?

Also, check what your router says about its maximum port speeds and
handshaking protocols.

It is an 8-wire connection (over RJ-45 to DB-9), and can do 115200 (max rate)
with either XON/XOFF or RTS/CTS.

I've tried both, and they're both lossy.

The issue is on the PC as the receiver...

-Philip