Timezone weirdness on dual boot machine

David Scriven davidwriter at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 1 00:50:38 UTC 2006

I'm running FC6 & Win XP on a dual boot machine - Intel Core 2 Duo, Intel 965 chipset

There a weird situation with the clock which shows up when I go from  FC6 to Win XP
and back. If the clock is correct in FC6 and you go to XP the clock is eight hours fast.
If it is then corrected and you go back to FC6, it is eight hours slow. The zones are set
correctly for both systems - Pacific Time zone = GMT-8, so my guess is that FC6 is not
correctly interpreting the timezone info when reading the system clock.

Anybody else come across this? - Is there something that I should set (or check
whether it's been set)?