evolution + maildir

Matt Davey mcdavey at mrao.cam.ac.uk
Wed Nov 1 10:06:46 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 20:40 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 15:56 +0000, Matt Davey wrote:
> >
> > I say 'backend', but it's just a different 'server type' that you can
> > select from within Evolution.
> >
> > Go to edit->preferences and add a new mail account.  When you select
> > the
> > 'server type' you can choose from pop, imap, mbox, mh, maildir, and
> > others.  If you select maildir you can then specify your maildir
> > directory.
> I still don't understand. I am using a pop server. What does it mean to
> say I am using a maildir server?

I collect my messages from my pop server and store them locally.  So I
have one 'account' configured as a pop server.  I have another 'account'
configured as an 'mh' "server", which uses local directories to store
messages, one file per email.  I have incoming filter rules that take
the pop mail and puts the mail into appropriate mh folders.

I thought everyone did that :)

Matt

Matt Davey		I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six.
mcdavey at mrao.cam.ac.uk 	Mother took me to see him in a department store and
			he asked for my autograph.  -- Shirley Temple Black