Single entry mirrorlists in FC6?

James Wilkinson fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk
Wed Nov 1 13:43:53 UTC 2006

Mike McGrath wrote:

> What is it you're suggesting should happen?  Be specific.

I'm not Ingemar, but I'd suggest regional mirror lists unless there are
at least two (or three) mirrors per country, or unless there are
particular country-specific reasons to stay in-country.

For example, I understand international links from Australia and New
Zealand are expensive, and most Australian and New Zealand users have
international bandwidth limits. So there *is* a good reason for them to
stay in-country if possible.

On the other hand, there's little difference for users between a server
in one European country and one in the next. So it would be nice if
European users got a Europe-wide list by default.

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | The betting public are on average complete idiots (see
aprilcottage.co.uk | also lotteries for examples) and are uniformly