OT: The rubber sword of Damocles

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Fri Nov 3 10:18:52 UTC 2006

Michael Wiktowy wrote:

> Just finished watching the Novell/MS press conference and it looks
> like MS is trying to spread the software patent bogeyman again (now
> that their ploy with SCO isn't quite panning out as they imagined) but
> it seems to me due to the complex entanglement of upstream

Complex entanglement of people all based in Utah, too.

> contributers, they would have a hard time pursuing any IP rights
> against anyone in the Open Source community now ... including Red Hat.
>
> Here's to hoping that Novell is acting in the greater good on the Open
> Source community rather than self interests.

Bah everyone is running around trying to screw RHAT at the moment, we
are expected to believe that the recent kicks to the belly are not
coming from the same foot?

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=NOVL&t=3m&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=RHAT,ORA

It's a compliment that you have been effective when attackers start
coming out of the woodwork.  I hope RHAT muse on what they were doing
that prompted such a schoolyard gang to form and crank the volume up on
it to 11.

-Andy