Is KDE on Fedora really that bad?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Nov 3 11:30:39 UTC 2006

On Friday 03 November 2006 02:28, Roo wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 15:09:19 -0500, Ric Moore wrote:
> > The sad thing is that if you venture into the KDE IRC list and mention
> > Fedora or RedHat, the crowd gets a little ugly, like real fast.
>
> Yes... well... after the many technical reasons why I don't use KDE, comes
> the problem with its userbase... which is often appears to be made up of
> rabid teenagers with huge chips on their shoulders. Any KDE poster is
> contractually bound to mention how much "GNOME is tha sucks... and KDE
> roxx," and probably burble something about "KIO Slaves", and finish off
> with a rant about Red Hat, Sun Microsystems and, lately since they went
> GNOME, Novell.
>
> It's a kind of institutional idiocy that KDE has always suffered from, and
> it's gotten worse as GNOME has overtaken it. I'm amazed that any Red Hat
> engineer ever managed to hold his nose long enough to deal with the KDE
> hordes for more than two minutes.

That's the biggest load of bs I have read in a long time.  There are many
reasons for preferring one over the other, all valid.  Not all kde users are
teenagers - I'm 66 - but that doesn't make us senile either.  Linux us about
choice - something you seem to have forgotten, along with your manners.

Anne