Is KDE on Fedora really that bad?

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Fri Nov 3 12:56:15 UTC 2006

On Fri November 3 2006 6:30 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
> That's the biggest load of bs I have read in a long time.  There are many
> reasons for preferring one over the other, all valid.  Not all kde users
> are teenagers - I'm 66 - but that doesn't make us senile either.  Linux us
> about choice - something you seem to have forgotten, along with your
> manners.

just another puerile witling - what's the old saw about wrestling with pigs?
way back when, as first respondent to the OP, I was emphatic on this point -
no two people have the same set of criteria, use patterns, or predilections -
why should I care what little piece of software you use on your computer?

for that matter, why should I care what computer some else uses - the video
production list I belong to has its equivalent - mac vs pc - start to say
anything that even remotely compares the two, and they're off and running

every list I belong to seems to have its subset of testosterone laden
denizens, who swagger about, full of their strong opinions, seeking to
elevate themselves by putting down others - I used to get pissed off about
it - then I ran through the gamut of reactions over time - today, I have
arrived - I am bemused -

if you get down in the mud and wrestle with pigs, you come up covered in roo,
I mean poo --- ;-)
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA