The plus plus

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Fri Nov 3 16:20:03 UTC 2006

Andy Green wrote:

>>> No, that is simply not true.  Where is the Gnome kate?

>> gedit? Scribes? Bluefish?

> gedit I know, it is not kwrite or kate.  I will look at the other two.

scribes is aimed at being the equivalent of kwrite, but it is far less
developed (bookmarks, folding, syntax highlighting...) to the point of
being gedit with line numbers.

But bluefish is actually quite impressive, with a multifile "project"
concept and proper syntax highlighting support, but it doesn't have all
the features of kate -- but it does eat sftp:// paths in the file open
dialog which I did not know until now Gnome apps were capable of.  If I
had to use Gnome alone Bluefish would be a big feature.

-Andy