nvidia drivers from freshrpms.net

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Nov 3 23:33:09 UTC 2006

Lonni J Friedman wrote:

> Or maybe you updated your Mesa RPM which broke the GLX module.  I know
> that I've never seen the need to hardcode the GLX module path in
> RHEL4.  Something seems broken in your environment.

It is certainly possible that xorg-x11-Mesa-libGLU and/or
xorg-x11-Mesa-libGL were updated by up2date prior to my noticing the issue.
 I also hadn't found the need to hardcode the GLX module path up until now.

Yes, something is amiss.  But, as previously mentioned, I'm not alone.  Once
I noticed the problem the solution was a single google search away.  Am I
going to lose any sleep over it?  No.  Am I going to dig in and find the
root cause?  No, not unless I'm really-really bored.