Latest yum update of KDE loses some icons

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Nov 4 00:48:19 UTC 2006

On Friday 03 November 2006 13:11, Rex Dieter wrote:
>Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>>>
>>> I found this solution somewhere and it worked for me:
>>>
>>> cd ~/.config
>>> mv menus menus.orig
>>> kbuildsycoca
>>>
>>> Hope this helps,
>>> Akemi
>>
>> Thanks. Since Rex already responded, I'll wait for his follow up
>> before I try your suggestion.
>
>Akemi's suggestion is a good one, run kbuidsycoca from a konsole window
> (: You may or may not need to move ~/.config/menus out of the way.

This did not work for me since I'd built mine with konstruct.  However,
running kbuildsycoa, while it spit out quite a few warnings, resulted in a
nearly 2x increase in the number of items in the K-menu, making some
things visible that had never been visible before.

Overall, a big thank you!

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)