Is KDE on Fedora really that bad?

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 06:49:54 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 09:22 -0700, Kim Lux wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 16:04 +0000, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Arthur Pemberton <pemboa <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > > I just have to ask. I was reading through an article on slashdot.org,
> > > and I found a suprising number of comments which amounted to "KDE on
> > > RedHat is bad". As somone who has never tried anything but Fedora, but
> > > love KDE, I need to know...am I getting a raw deal without knowing it?
> >
> > I'm using the Fedora-provided KDE, I don't see what the problems with it are
> > supposed to be. It works great for me.
> >

> Ditto.  It works really great for me.  Like I can't imagine how to make
> it much better, but I am sure the KDE folk will nonetheless.  Its pretty
> awesome.
>
> I while back I opened a gnome session.  I don't see what all the fuss is
> about.  I thought it was clearly inferior.  Maybe its just me.
>
> I guess the good thing is that we have a choice !   I don't like Redhat,
> especially Fedora, favoring one over the other.
>
> --
> Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.

Note: I'm a KDE user since... KDE 1?

RedHat is a business and its main market is the enterprise market.
Like it or not, from the business user stand point, GNOME -is- superior.
OpenOffice is (at least for now) better suited to be an Office 2K3
replacement.
Evolution is (by far) better suited to be a Outlook replacement.
Clearlook is much better for the unsuspecting eyes and the GNOME
interface is much cleaner.

So why do I use KDE?
Eye-candy, choice, konsole, konq file management, kate, kpdf and having
the ability to seamlessly integrate evolution, OpenOffice and (g)vim
into it...

- Gilboa