Livna nVidia Drivers on PNY G-Force 6200 (128MB)

Christopher A. Williams chrisw01 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 4 16:10:29 UTC 2006

Does anyone have experience getting the Livna nVidia drivers to behave
on FC6 with the G-Force 6200? Here's my story:

I had an old G-Force 5200FX (128MB/AGP). Attempting to run with the
current Livna drivers immediately froze the system when X started. The
only option was a hard reset, rescue CD, update to default at runlevel 3
and uninstall to return to the opensource driver.

Thinking it may be hardware issues (but also being on a tight budget), I
replaced the old card with a shiny new PNY G-Force 6200 (128MB/AGP). The
Livna drivers now no longer freeze the system, but I am only able to run
at 800x600 resolution, regardless of how I manually adjust display
settings. Higher resolutions work fine when falling back to the
opensource driver, but I have constant video repaint issues,
particularly when typing text. The current Livna beta drivers still
totally lock the system (with a grey screen at startup).

I've perused (briefly) NVnews and the Livna bugzilla system for hints,
but thought I would also post here to see if I missed something (which
is quite possible).

Ideas and pointers welcome!

Cheers,

Chris

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice there is.

--Yogi Berra