Any gpg experts reading?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Nov 4 18:06:53 UTC 2006

Warren Sturm wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-11-04 at 17:06 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
>
>> Thierry Sayegh De Bellis wrote:

>>> go for it, you never know :)
>>>

>> One new piece of evidence.  Running 'gpg --list-keys' returns many lines
>> like
>>
>> $ gpg --list-keys
>> gpg: checking the trustdb
>> gpg: [don't know]: invalid packet (ctb=00)
>> gpg: keydb_search failed: invalid packet
>>
>> then correctly lists a few.  It looks as though the database is
>> corrupt.  Now if I knew what it is called, or where it lives, I could
>> restore a backup copy.  Does anyone know?  Thanks
>>
>> Anne
>>

> On my fc4 system, it live in the .gnupg directory in my home directory.

I presume you mean the trustdb.gpg.  I copied that from my old install directory, but then the messages seemed to indicate that pubring.gpg could be the problem, so I copied pubring.gpg and pubring.kbx.  Now attempting to list keys gives me many more than previously, but then ends with

gpg: [don't know]: invalid packet (ctb=00)
gpg: keydb_search_next failed: invalid packet

Anne