snmptrapd (net-snmp) in Core 6

R.L. Nevot r.nevot at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 22:10:11 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've recently upgraded to Core 6, everything was perfect except net-snmp.
The version in core 6 (net-snmp-5.3.1-11.fc6) of snmptrapd didn't resolve
the Agent name of the received traps, passing an <UNKNOWN> string to the
standard input of the traphandle user defined program. Our snmp trap
handling system was broken after upgrade.
I downloaded sources and compiled, changed the distro snmptrapd binary for
the new one, and everything was ok.

I think there is a problem with the distro's one.

Best regards