Gnome has disaapeared in FC6 and only KDE remains.

Norm norm at workingtools.ca
Sat Nov 4 23:51:31 UTC 2006

Had this happen to me when I ran Smart on a FC5 box.  Dumb move Smart
decided to remove every instance of Gnome and related dep.  I probably
could have/should have reinstalled Gnome but, in my case as my Linux box
is actually a test box the simplest move was to do a reinstall.
I have looked at the smart home site (http://labix.org/smart)and can
not find a reference to a gnome interface but there are a couple to a
kde interface.  At a guess I would say that Smart is not intended to
work with gnome.