Build of VMWARE worstation and FC-6 ?

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Sun Nov 5 19:20:54 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 10:36 -0700, don fisher wrote:
> I think I have a different problem. As I indicated in my original post,
> I even attempted to downloaded the source version from kernel.org and
> and could not get past the "where are your includes" question. The
> threads mentioned all appear to address a version incompatibility
> problem. Most of the posts got past the point where i am blocked.

	What version of VMware Workstation?  This is exactly the symptoms I've
seen with older versions of Workstation on recent FC kernels.  It can't
find the includes because older versions of VMware are looking for
something in the includes that's no longer where it expects it.  Even if
it found it, I strongly suspect that those older versions are going to
be very broken, if they were to compile at all.

> Is this the same or different problem?

	One of those threads was on VMware Server.  You may have a different
(well known) problem, simply because of the version of VMware
Workstation.  5.5.1 and their new Beta should be fine.  Anything prior
to that  -  You pays your nickel and you takes your chance.