Problem between Webcam Logitech Pro 4000's microphone and sound card Intel 82801BA AC'97 Audio.

Dario Lesca d.lesca at solinos.it
Mon Nov 6 10:34:09 UTC 2006

Il giorno dom, 05/11/2006 alle 17.25 -0200, Vinicius ha scritto:
> Vinicius escreveu:
> > Ric Moore escreveu:

> >> That's maddening. Like you I could build the module with no sweat before
> >> and now it refuses to build with some problem in the kernel, I think.
> >> Not sure though. Ric
> >
> > In the pwc's mailing list says the version 10.0.12 is inside the kernel
> > 2.6.18.
> >
> > But I don't know how to use it, yet.
> >

> > Cheers,
> > Vinicius.
> >

>  From the PWC's mailing list (tip from Luca Capello):
>
> 1. Check if it's compiled by default:
> =====
> $ grep PWC /boot/config-2.6.18*
> CONFIG_USB_PWC=m
> # CONFIG_USB_PWC_DEBUG is not set
> =====
>
> 2. Depending of the CONFIG_USB_PWC value: if it's 'y' the driver is
> compiled into the kernel and so it's always available (no need to
> insert the module).
>
> If it's 'm' (which is normally the mostly seen situation for kernel
> prepared by different GNU/Linux distributions), the module should be
> load (manually by you or by udev, for example).  Thus, when you plug
> in the webcam, insert the module as root:
>
>      modprobe pwc
>
> Then check the dmesg (or syslog) output to be sure it was correctly
> loaded and it has recognized your webcam.
>
> 3. the output of dmesg:
> "
> usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 3
> usb 1-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
> Linux video capture interface: v2.00
> pwc: Philips webcam module version 10.0.12 loaded.
> pwc: Supports Philips PCA645/646, PCVC675/680/690,
> PCVC720[40]/730/740/750 & PCVC830/840.
> pwc: Also supports the Askey VC010, various Logitech Quickcams, Samsung
> MPC-C10 and MPC-C30,
> pwc: the Creative WebCam 5 & Pro Ex, SOTEC Afina Eye and Visionite
> VCS-UC300 and VCS-UM100.
> pwc: Logitech QuickCam 4000 Pro USB webcam detected.
> pwc: Registered as /dev/video0.
> usbcore: registered new driver Philips webcam
> usbcore: registered new driver snd-usb-audio
> "
>
> So, the webcam is properly installed and is not causing conflict with
> the sound system.

If have the same problem with a pwc webcam (Philips). If I plug the
webcam when the system is run, all work fine: system-config-sound
recognise the two sound device.

But if I reboot the system with the webcam plugged in the sound system
don't work.

probably something happened during the boot process witch damage the
alsa system?

Some suggest?

Many thanks

--