FC6 SD card reader??

Yuandan Zhang yuandan.zhang at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 05:50:57 UTC 2006

On 07/11/06, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at mindspring.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Nov 2006, Kim Lux wrote:
>

> > As a USB device, generally, yes.   As a built in 5 or 6 in 1 card reader
> > on a laptop, maybe.  There is a SDHCI group/mailing list that is working
> > on this.   They have some card readers working and not others.
> >
> > http://mmc.drzeus.cx/wiki/Linux/Drivers/sdhci
> >
> > On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 10:39 +1100, Yuandan Zhang wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > Is the FC6 support onboard SD card reader? FC5 doesn't.
> > > Thanks
> > > Yuandan
>

> i have on-board support for my SD card reader on my inspiron.
>
> http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_Dell_Latitude_X1#SD_.2F_MMC

thanks, it seems there are sdhci and mmc_block modules in the current FC5
kernel  (FC5
2.6.18-1.2200.fc5), but not loaded.

I looked at the above site, the first step suggested that

"... need to compile with these options:

CONFIG_MMC=m
CONFIG_MMC_BLOCK=m
CONFIG_MMC_SDHCI=m

Is this kernel compile with these?

Secondly, I loaded the (three) modules using this command (:

modprobe mmc_block && modprobe sdhci

but there is not reaction after i inserted the SD card into the SD slot
should they are  loaded at boot up?

rday

> --

Yuandan Zhang