Woohoo!!!! Running FC6!!!

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Nov 7 18:57:33 UTC 2006

Anne Wilson <cannewilson <at> tiscali.co.uk> writes:
> At the other end of the scale, last night I took to my local LUG a laptop
that
> is nearing its 6th birthday, has a 700 processor, 256MB RAM, and is running
> FC6.  It's not the fastest machine on the block, and doesn't have fancy
> things like wifi, but boy, were they impressed!

Hey, you're not at the end of the scale yet. :-p My laptop has a 266 MHz
Pentium II and 160 MB of RAM and it runs FC6 too. :-) How I got it installed
with so few RAM? I had installed FC2 when that was the current version, then
upgraded to FC5 with Anaconda and a few restarts (because it would hang when
to FC6 using apt-get dist-upgrade.

        Kevin Kofler