Show-stopper for me

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Nov 7 21:58:58 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 07 November 2006 20:28, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 November 2006 14:51, Anne Wilson wrote:
> >One of my biggest interests is capturing footage from my analogue
> > camcorder and converting it to DVD disks.  I've been working with this
> > under FC4 without problems, but I'm falling at the first fence under
> > FC6.  I need tvtime, xawtv or similar to act as monitor while capturing
> > with mjpegtools.
> >
> >My capture card is a DC10+, which uses the zoran driver.  Under FC4 the
> >requirements were
> >
> >Modules - zr36060, zr36067, adv7175, saa7110, zoran, 12c-algo-bit,
> > 12c-core, videocodec
> >
> >Video4linux (v4l) installed and running.
>
> Humm, the drivers from the mxhaard site in france worked reasonably well if
> the starting syntax can be grokked. However, it turns out that even a $70
> dollar webcam is, photographicly speaking, a POS.  Color is basicly way
> off, with no chance of software corrections as the error is in gamma
> tracking from color to color, and with it plugged into a usb1.1 port, only
> about 6 frames per second.  The only thing I have thats gives a good image
> in real time is my Sony TVR-460, plugged into a firewire port.

Hi, Gene.  We're talking two different things here.  My other thread is about
the webcam.  This is about my Sony camcorder.  I did quite a lot of video
capture from it under FC4, converting to DVDs, but I still have quite a few
tapes to convert, so I have to get this going again or revert to FC4.

Anne