Screen Freeze

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Wed Nov 8 01:12:39 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 08 November 2006 01:01, Lonni J Friedman wrote:
> On 11/7/06, Nigel Henry <cave.dnb at tiscali.fr> wrote:
> > >
> > > Sorry, no. All keystrokes are blocked out.
> > >
> > > PA
> >
> > I've had the same thing on FC2 today, and on odd occasions before. No
> > mouse, and no keyboard. Today with nothing running but Gkrellm, and Kget
> > fetching the elive iso, I noticed a time difference between the 2
> > machines. Looking closer the one machine had completely locked up. Kget
> > was presumably still downloading, but everything on the desktop was
> > locked up. Another hard reset. Thankfully Kget continued where it left
> > off, but I would like to find out why this happens.
>
> Which X driver are you using?

I know FC2 is a bit ancient, but all of the X stuff according to synaptic is
xorg 6.7.0-14.1.legacy. This may not be an X problem though, because I
recently had the same thing happen on either Kubuntu, or Debian Sarge on the
same machine, (can't remember which), so perhaps it's a mobo problem. The
machine is clean, as I recently gave it a good blow out.

Nigel.