DBD::Oracle

Dave Mitchell davem at iabyn.com
Wed Nov 8 23:01:22 UTC 2006

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 03:35:30PM -0500, Robert Fausey wrote:
> I am trying to install DBD::Oracle perl module on FC4.  I can connect to
> Oracle via sqlplus, and I have ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID, ORACLE_USERID
> environment variables defined.  When I compile the module I keep getting
> the following error
>
> Permission denied
> at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 230.

Most likely either the oracle library or the DBD driver .so file has got
bad permissions set on it.

Try whatever command gives you the above, prefixed with

strace -o /tmp/tr.dbd -f

then look in the file /tmp/tr.dbd for lines containing things like EACCESS

--
Standards (n). Battle insignia or tribal totems.