disable modules in xorg.conf?

Tom Horsley tomhorsley at adelphia.net
Wed Nov 8 23:17:09 UTC 2006

>> "X -configure' to see if it generates a working X file that is
>> substantial enough to prevent the guessing game.
>
>Yea, I suppose it might be possible that if there is a Modules
>section, the server won't provide modules on its own. I'll try
>that next time I have FC6 booted again.

Yep, it worked. I turned all the "LoadModule:" lines in the xorg
log file into a "Modules" section in the xorg.conf file, then commented
out the ones I didn't want, and the new log file showed that it really
didn't load them.

So I now have dri and glx turned off and I can try running for a while
to see if the screen flickering will also stop.

No doubt the problem someone was having in another thread with vnc
is related. I think he said he added a Modules section to get the vnc
module to load, and all sorts of things stopped working. Probably it
was only loading vnc and nothing else. I love helpful software :-).