Show-stopper for me

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 01:16:57 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 21:58 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:

> Hi, Gene.  We're talking two different things here.  My other thread is about
> the webcam.  This is about my Sony camcorder.  I did quite a lot of video
> capture from it under FC4, converting to DVDs, but I still have quite a few
> tapes to convert, so I have to get this going again or revert to FC4.
Anne,

As I mentioned in a previous post, everything worked peachy at least two
kernels back. You might want to try that avenue. That or if Rahual can
tell us if something in recent kernel configs has changed or what?

Might have to roll a kernel <shudder> no telling what the heck will blow
up then. Would it be sacrilegious to roll a kernel if we could get the
same config that the Fedora Team uses as a base to start from? The we
only have to grab the entire kernel package from kernel.org If that were
to be posted, for us to use rolling a kernel, wouldn't that be a "Good
Thing" (TM) ? The Fedora guys would be the ones to tell us what has
changed to elicit all of these problems with what I believe is in the
kernel. Or, are we missing something related?   Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net