How to open an application in a remote x session

Dan Track dan.track at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 12:47:46 UTC 2006

On 11/9/06, Manuel Arostegui Ramirez <manuel at todo-linux.com> wrote:
> El Jueves, 9 de Noviembre de 2006 13:14, Dan Track escribió:
> > Hi
> >
> > I'd like to open an application on to an X session running remotely, I
> > don't want to export it anywhere. Can somebody tell me how I can do
> > that? For example lets say the programs are gedit and firefox.
> >
> > Thank in advance
> > Dan
>
> It's quite easy using ssh -X and on /etc/ssh/sshd_config you should add the
> line: X11Forwarding yes
>
> I think i misunderstood you, why you don't want to export that X-Session to
> your localhost? Do you want to firefox, for instance, to run on the remote
> X-Session?
> --
> Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I guess I didn't make myself clear, lets
say we have teh following:

host1                                 host2

I want the user on host2 to ssh to host1, then run say gedit which
will opne up on the xdisplay the user has running on host1. Do you
know how to do this?

Thanks
Dan