Authentication Hassles With Mac Client & Fedora Samba

Jason Montleon monty19 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 9 17:33:10 UTC 2006

I have an iBook G3 laptop, a G4 Mac Mini, and two Windows XP laptops in the
house connected just fine to an FC6 Samba share, and did nothing but set up
a very generic share.  There shouldn't be any problem.  Have you checked all
the silly stuff, like the capslock/numlock when entering the password?  It
seems that the system is recognizing that the share exists if the
username/password is being asked for.  Just make sure when connecting that
you are using the format smb://server/share

Are you getting any type of message when it fails, that might give some hint
as to what the problem is?

Respectfully,
Jason