Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Thu Nov 9 17:32:51 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 17:26 +0000, Scott van Looy wrote:

> Uhm. Why don't you just:
> rpm -Uvh http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-6.rpm
> yum install fedorakmod
> yum install kmod-nvidia
>
> Or is that a silly question?

Silly, me, for not knowing that off the top of my head this morning when
I couldn't google it.

I already have livna installed as a repository. And, btw, if you read my
post, you will see that I did "yum kmod-nvidia".  First of all, that
FAILED for kernel 2798.  Secondly, livna doesn't have a module built for
2835, just like they didn't have a <working> module for 2798 when I
updated to fc6 !  Its not like I didn't try them, twice now !

And is this the sort of stuff we expect joe average computer user to do,
because after all, Linux is ready for the <average> desktop !   So when
my mom, who doesn't even know what a command line is, boots and X
doesn't start, what do I do with her ?

--
Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.