Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

Theodore Papadopoulo Theodore.Papadopoulo at sophia.inria.fr
Thu Nov 9 19:01:20 UTC 2006

Kurt Wall wrote:

> Uh, the nv Nvidia driver that is part of Xorg? So not only are you an
> asshat, you're an ignorant asshat: bitching about this gawdawful NVIDIA
> driver not even knowing that there *is* a free driver that works perfectly
> well for the 2-D usage you need.

Unfortunately, even without speaking about 3D performance, the nv driver
has some problems.
For example, booting my D620 (with an NVidia card) in a dock gives me a
black screen has soon as the graphical boot starts.
The obvious fix is to disable rhgb, not a big deal... but a small
trouble until you find what happens.

    Theo.