New FC6 install, perms probs galore (Gene Heskett)

David G. Miller dave at davenjudy.org
Thu Nov 9 20:37:57 UTC 2006

Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:

> 2. I can't use 1600x1200 for a screen else its wrapped about 20 lines at the
> top & bottom of the screen, and the left side completely clipped off
> somewhere between the evo and word processor icons, which themselves don't
> show because they're off the bottom of the screen, someplace in the vertical
> retrace.  The actual edges of the scan can be seen, except for the left edge
> so its not a too big for the tube problem.  Currently running some 1400x that
> does work, but I'd like my 1600x1200 back please.
Gene, I can't help with the other problems and all I can tell you about
this one is I'm running 1600x1200 now (ViewSonic G220fb monitor and a
Nvidia GeForce 3 video card) with the standard "nv" driver.  I had to
tweak my monitor settings after installing FC6 so it's possible that
something like the refresh rate changed which can cause wierdnesses.
Also, check your System -> Administration -> Display and make sure
everything was detected correctly.

Maybe after all the traffic generated by the Nvidia rant dies down
someone else will have some help on your other issues.

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce