[Fedora] Re: Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Thu Nov 9 21:14:33 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 14:07 -0700, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
> Kim Lux wrote:
> > Or we could *improve* Linux until it is a little bit more user
> > friendly ?  Wow what a concept that would be !
> >
>     Sure.  And while we're at it, why not suggest to Microsoft to
> improve their operating system?

See, that is the beauty of open source.   We have no power over what
Microsoft does, but we do have power over where Linux goes.  And maybe,
just maybe if we listen to some of the bitches and whines about what we
have, *we* *could* *improve* it.

I know that some of you think it is perfectly acceptable to have to
download an installation script, change the permission on it, run it,
troubleshoot it, look at a log file, check a few forums, change kernel
source, run it again and then modify the xorg.conf file to get a video
driver running, but guess what ?   The rest of the world doesn't think
like you.  Imagine that.

--
Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.