[Fedora] Re: Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Fri Nov 10 00:05:31 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 17:58 -0600, Jeff Vian wrote:
> > I've yet to have ONE nvidia install where the installer said it
> found
> > the pre complied driver.  Every time it downloads and builds from
> Using the installer from NVIDIA will always do the build from scratch.
> Using the kmod-nvidia module from livna works flawlessly for ...  lets
> see ....  all but one user.    Maybe it is broken.  LOL

Yeah, it must just be me, but here is a THIRTY (3-0) page post of issues
getting nvidia cards working in Fedora core.

http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=99285&page=1&pp=15

But I guess we better stick to the groupthink that Nvidia drivers are
just peachy under Linux.

Its much easier to make fun of me than to admit something is less than
perfect and see if we can do something to improve it.

--
Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.