Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

Jörn Rink j.rink at freenet.de
Fri Nov 10 08:03:35 UTC 2006

Am Thu, 09 Nov 2006 10:08:48 -0700
hat Kim Lux <lux at diesel-research.com> (Kim Lux) folgendes geschrieben:

> I'd like to thank Nvidia for wasting another hour of my life this
> morning !  I am pretty sure that if it wasn't for Nvidia and their
> stupid, idiotic driver system that I could have saved enough time in
> the last 2 years to go on a week's vacation !

Ok,
shit when the driver is not working for you.

I use Linux here on i386 since 1996 or 1997. When i was a student, i
made opengl programms to analyze numbercrunching 3d data in
geophysics.

The only alternative in that years was a SGI machine with a
criminial expensive video"card".
And then there came nvidia and made there beta close X driver
for running hardware accelerated and not Mesa emulated OpenGL.
And that nearly as fast as on the sgi machines on a amd 450 and riva
tnt gfx card.

And since then i used there driver and i am very very happy, that
they made this driver.

Here i had never problems with the driver.
The little problems that i had are problems with the livna kmod
package automated installed via yum. or that the driver not fits to
a special kernel. But nobody forces me to install every new kernel
which comes.

Here the driver works know with the latest kernel update and with
aiglx.

--
Nine (not 9)
Never trust a hippie