VDQ : Konqueror conquered -- by ....??

Beartooth beartooth at swva.net
Fri Nov 10 18:20:55 UTC 2006

I run only Fedora (currently all Core 5), and only Gnome under it -- on my
wife's machine as well as all of mine. But both of us find Konqueror
useful for some things, and therefore use it from Gnome.

Been doing that since, iirc, about RH8 or 9; never any problem.

Suddenly her Konqueror icon did nothing. (I keep all the browsers in a
drawer on a panel.) I couldn't make the browser launch any other way,
either.

Then the same began happening on my own machines; and since Konqeuror is
part of my routine, even my absent-mindedness didn't prevent me from
trying all sorts of ways.

Upshot : rpm -q always tells me not installed. Yum install doesn't find
it. I went to http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/ -- which someone
here had recommended. It advised me to do yum install qt kdelibs kdebase
and then yum update. I did. It still won't launch, and rpm -q still tells
me it's not installed.

So how *do* I get it back?? Mumbling "Turin Turambar Turun Ambartanen"
into my beard is no help ....

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Wordcrafty Squirreler
FC5; Pine 4.64, Pan 0.14.2.91; Privoxy 3.0.3; CXO 5.0.1