Runaway cpu

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Nov 10 19:01:55 UTC 2006

On Friday 10 November 2006 18:49, Robin Laing wrote:

> I wonder if you are having a power supply problem looking at the errors.

I don't think so, because I don't normally see any messages like this.

>   If you have sensors running, check your voltages.  Or check them in
> your bios if you can.

Next time I reboot, I'll take a look.  lm_sensors can't read much from this
motherboard (Abit KV8-PRO).

> are the sd(x) errors external devices or internal drives?

They are all concerning my efforts to get the usb webcam working.  I tried two
models of webcam in various connectors.

> I had a power supply that was just at the limit and it affected DVD
> usage.  Then I had a power supply that had a low 5volt rail that was
> causing hard drive errors.
>
> The low power supply could be affected when you plug in a USB device.
>
> FWIW, my low voltage rail was on a power supply that was less than a
> year old.

I can't help but feel that if it was a power issue I'd be seeing these
messages regularly.  Still, thanks for trying to help.

Anne