usb stick recognition

Andreas (Andy) Roddau awroddau at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 19:22:07 UTC 2006

James Wilkinson <fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk> wrote:

>Is there any difference in the output from lsusb when the system
>recognises it and when it doesn't? (Note: the device numbers will
>probably change: this is because USB device addressing is dynamic).
As you pointed out, no difference except device numbers.

>If there is no difference, then you should probably bugzilla it against
>HAL. This ought to just work.
You got me, HAL?  Bugzilla will be a new adventure for me.  :-)

>If there *is* a difference, then this implies that something in your
>computer is not setting up USB devices properly. Arguably this should be
>bugzilla'd against the kernel, but it might be worth looking through your
>BIOS settings. If you don't have a USB keyboard, try turning all the
>"legacy USB" options off.
I tried the above anyway with no difference.

>Hope this helps,
Thanks for your efforts.  I'll look into reporting it via Bugzilla.

--
Andreas (Andy) Roddau

This email message is intended solely for the consumption,
annoyance or amusement of the addressee/s.  Anyone
else who comes across this text by chance or purpose
does so at their own risk.