FC6 - network installation is "network --bootproto" mandatory ?

kanji linux kanjilinux at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 10 21:22:53 UTC 2006

HI

  Pertaining to network installation of FC6 over NFS :

  a. is it mandatory to add network settings info ("network --bootproto ..") in the kickstart file ?   On FC6,  if this info is not provided, anaconda pops up a dialog box for network settings.  On FC4 ,this was not required and we could use post-install scripts to setup the network. In this way we were able to install over many nodes irrespective of the ethernet interface.

  I have installed system-config-kickstart-2.6.16.1-fc6 on my fc6 box. But i couldn't find any option/button to setup lvm partition info  on "partition Information" window of kickstart configurator. Am i missing any configuration steps ??

  thanks
  /k