New Fedora GTK Theme

Andre Costa andre.ocosta at terra.com.br
Sun Nov 12 02:25:41 UTC 2006

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 00:01:10 +0000
Leo <sdl.web at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 11/11/06, John Mahowald wrote:
>
> > I added it to the Extras wish list. [1] The list is long, however.
> > If you can find an interested packager, or package the rpm
> > yourself, it can go up for review.
> >
> > If you have not already I would encourage you to look at the artwork
> > project. [2]
> >
> > John
> >
> > [1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/WishList
> > [2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork
>
> I can be the packager.

That's cool, murrine is one of the finest looking themes out there. I've
been missing it on FC6 since I upgraded from FC5.

Leo: I tried your spec file, and murrine RPM was generated just fine.
However, something is wrong, because trying to use it yields wrong look
& feel (it looks like boring GTK default as if no L&F had been
applied). Can anyone confirm this?

Anyway, IMHO murrine is very welcome on Fedora-land. Thks to Andrea and
Leo for the initiative =)

Regards,

Andre

--