Why I hate "info"

AragonX aragonx at dcsnow.com
Sun Nov 12 19:39:59 UTC 2006

<quote who="Timothy Murphy">
> <flame>
> Am I alone in thinking that the info program
> encourages bad documentation?
> <snip...>
> </flame>

I'm not sure if it does or not but I find it difficult to navigate info.
I'm a man page nut but once it refers me to the info documentation, I'm in
trouble.  Perhaps I just haven't taken enough time to learn info but man
seems to work well enough...  All the fancy navigation just confuses my
old brain.  It's kinda like emacs vs vi to me.  I'm just a simple vi man.
Emacs has a lot of fancy features but I just want to get the job done.

Down with info!  Man forever!!!  LOL

Let the flames begin.  I'll just hide behind this firewall with my flame
retarding underwear on.  :)

believed to be clean.