Passfile question

Beartooth beartooth at swva.net
Mon Nov 13 21:29:05 UTC 2006

I run FC5 (soon to be FC6) on my own machines, and do most of my email on
a remote one running Pine 4.64 under FC4. All have passfiles, which I use
to enable the remote Pine to keep an incoming-folder which checks a couple
of minor email accounts which I don't want to bother accessing directly.

I've been having some trouble with one of those, possibly (its tech
support thinks) because I have a punctuation mark at the end of my
password. (When I set that password, it spat out a couple of other
punctuation marks. You might know, it runs on webmail.exe -- obviously
some M$ abomination ...)

The obvious thing is to try changing the password. Fine, BUT ...

What will happen, when Pine tries to use the passfile to log into that
account, and fails? The pine gurux I asked couldn't tell; I'm hoping
maybe it's really more of a Fedora question than a Pine question -- how
the passfile replies to Pine rather than what pine does with the passfile.

Anyone know?

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Wordcrafty Squirreler
Remember I have little idea what I am talking about.