Nvidia installer does uninstall previous kernel driver ?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 21:30:52 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-13 at 12:51 -0800, Lonni J Friedman wrote:
> On 11/13/06, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > -K, --kernel-module-only
> > >       Install a kernel module only, and do not uninstall the
> > >       existing driver.  This is intended to be used to install
> > >       kernel modules for additional kernels (in cases where you
> > >       might boot between several different kernels).  To use this
> > >       option, you must already have a driver installed, and the
> > >       version of the installed driver must match the version of
> > >       this kernel module.
> >
> > Lonnie, can this be put permanently into yum.conf? Ric
>
> ? This has nothing at all to do with yum.

Oh, my bad... I thought this was a yum issue. Adding a -K to resolve yum
resolving that problem would be sweet. I'm dinking with exclude to keep
any further "improvements" to my kernel from descending on me while I
have things working nicely. I'll stay right where I am for now! No more
forays to the fringes for me! Oh heck no. Even my webcam works after
touching config.h to resolve the build/make problem. Mr. Muggs agrees.
Ric