strange messages to root, possibly SA related?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Nov 13 23:43:42 UTC 2006

On Monday 13 November 2006 18:07, Gordon Messmer wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> I just noted that the FC6 install apparently didn't put in any default
>> crontabs!
>
>Eh?  /etc/crontab looks pretty much like it has for a long time.

Oh yeah?  That file DID NOT exist until I ran kcron yesterday morning to
generate some scheduled work for root.  In fact, kcron crashed the first
2-3 times I ran it because it was missing.  I finally touched it, and
this was then written by kcron:

----------------
SHELL=/bin/bash
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
MAILTO=root
HOME=/
# run-parts
1 * * * *       root    run-parts /etc/cron.hourly
#
2 4 * * *       root    run-parts /etc/cron.daily
#
22 4 * * 7      root    run-parts /etc/cron.weekly
#
42 4 1 * *      root    run-parts /etc/cron.monthly
# This file was written by KCron. Copyright (c) 1999, Gary Meyer
# Although KCron supports most crontab formats, use care when editing.
# Note: Lines beginning with "#\" indicates a disabled task.
The above has absolutely nothing to do with the jobs I needed done, but
that files is dated yesterday morning while I was working in kcron.  I've
been running FC6 for about a week now.  Where it went I have NDI, but
this was a fresh install on a formatted drive, so theres something a bit
odd if it wasn't installed.

--
Cheers, Gene