keymaps and XDMCP

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 19:45:43 UTC 2006

> It sounds like a keymap/keycode file somewhere either got lost in the
> upgrade, but where?  Anyone here wrestle with this thing before?

Well, I haven't had that exact problem, but....

Is it possible to login to the X server locally?  If so, are the keys OK?

If that checks out, I might  boot one of the M$ boxes off of a live CD and
run:
X --query <server-IP> :1

See if the problem persists.  If it goes away, there's probably a
settings/config file somewhere on the M$ box.

If the problem persists.... I don't know!  How do the clients connect -
cygwin/X11?

Chris