FC6 - acpi: critical temperature

Marcel Groner groner at puzzle.ch
Wed Nov 15 12:37:56 UTC 2006

hello

I've got a samsung q35 notebook running fedora core 6.

tech specs: <http://www.puzzle.ch/samsung_q35.html>

problem: the notebook is overheating all the time. when I'm compiling an
application or doing other things with high CPU and disk I/O usage the
power management is shutting down the system because the critical
temperature is reached.

does anyone know what the problem is and how I can fix that? I tried to
disassemble/assemble /proc/acpi/dsdt using iasl from intel and there
were no errors at all, so the BIOS adaption seems to be fine.

regards
marcel