strange messages to root, possibly SA related?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Nov 15 14:07:25 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 15 November 2006 06:05, Tim wrote:
>On Tue, 2006-11-14 at 14:48 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> su gene -c "fetchmail -d 90 --fetchmailrc /home/gene/.fetchmailrc"
>
>You're polling a POP server every 90 seconds?  That's a bit quick.

vz hasn't complained in about a year. What interval would you suggest?
One of the reasons I do that is because I can be on the phone, have
someone send me something, and have it in a reasonable time frame.  Since
kmail and fetchmail/procmail are non-synch, the lags can still be 4 or 5
minutes.  I do wish there was a way to tell kmail to start its sorting as
soon as a new message has been deposited in the cache by procmail.  That
would make a 300 second poll interval almost tolerable.

Thanks Tim.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)