teTeX doesb't work on FC6

Amadeus W. M. amadeus84 at verizon.net
Wed Nov 15 15:33:21 UTC 2006

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 15:59:28 +0300, Artur G. Sibagatullin wrote:

> Hello!
> Does anyone use TeX under FC6? I have installed FC6 And can't start any
> of type of TeX or LaTeX. Such commands like tex, pdftex, latex,
> pdflatex, kpsewhich are hanging and don't log anything. TEXMFMAIN and
> other variables are not defined. Help me please.

Latex is one crucial piece of software for me, as I'm writing my thesis,
so I HAVE to have it working. It does work out of the box. Maybe you have
some missing packages? This is what I have:

tetex-prosper-1.5-3.fc6
tetex-xdvi-3.0-32.fc6
tetex-dvips-3.0-32.fc6
tetex-fonts-3.0-32.fc6
tetex-latex-3.0-32.fc6
tetex-3.0-32.fc6

Do you have enough space on the disk? Are you running out of memory? Is
the processor slow? (Although I used latex on a 300MHz pc with 6Gb
disk and 64Mb of ram, in the days of yore of RH5.0, and before).