Getting close here folks! Looking good.

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Nov 16 03:44:34 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 15 November 2006 20:27, Ric Moore wrote:
>On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 11:42 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:

>> > You should be able to get away with just copying the .mozilla folder
>> > at
>> >
>> > ~/.mozilla
>> >
>> > Of course going from such an old version of firefox to a new version
>> > may cause problems....nothing to big I hope.
>>
>> It's probably safer to just copy your bookmarks and cookies folder
>> over to the same place in your FC6 install.  It worked for me :-)
>
>You mean Fedora Core #2?

Yup, all that mewling you were getting from me up till 2 weeks ago came
from an FC2 install that was, according to the package managers,
thoroughly broken, but it generally all worked very well indeed.  I fixed
the stuff FC2 never did, or took most of its life to fix.

>Jeeeez...
>
>I have installed FC6 and I don't find anything to mount a punched tape
>reader to... you might have to wing this one. Gawd, I just took a trip
>down memory lane peering into that sacred and venerable file
>/etc/termcap. Boy did that bring back the days long gone bye.
>
>It seems that the teletype 33 was/is listed as mostly brain-dead, by
>some long forgotten wizard eons ago when dinosaurs such as Gene and
>Lonnie roamed the planet. I can only pray you are not going to attempt
>to upgrade! <really huge evil grin>

Don't ever knock an ASR-33, or a Zerox 1650-ro.  I still have the 1650-ro
and it can still spit out characters at 40 cps, the fastest daisy wheel
ever built, and after at least a billion characters, its still running on
its original wheel.  It could probably survive on of those iraqi built
IED's as its built like a tank & just as heavy.

And why not upgrade, pray tell?  Just because I know how vaccum tubes work
(transistors were invented on my watch way back when) and was writing
code for an rca 1802 before most of you folks were even a sparkle in
somebodies eye doesn't always mean we're stuck in the mud.  Having
trouble keeping up at times leads to some rtfm moments from you
youngsters occasionally, but generally, in my field of broadcast
engineering, I'm the equ of the character Sid in the user-friendly
cartoon JDF draws.  Often just as complete with a coffee cup grafted on
in place of a hand...  But my beard is shorter cause I take it off in the
heat of summer & I have more bay window.  And that tie he wears would
choke me to death.  Not a pretty picture but what you see IS what you
get.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)