Fedora FC6 network install problems with eVGA nForce 680i motherboard

Scott van Looy scott at ethosuk.org.uk
Thu Nov 16 10:35:11 UTC 2006

On Nov 15 Craig White did spake thusly:

> On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 18:51 -0600, Chris Mohler wrote:
>>

>> On 11/15/06, David Siu <davidsiu at gmail.com> wrote:
>>         Ugg... I dread downloading 6 iso files... I would have been
>>         able to
>>         get Fedora installed much faster through a network install...
>>         My
>>         concern now however is will my network card work at all in
>>         FC6... I
>>         would hate to have to download all the cds, burn them all,
>>         install it,
>>         only to find out that FC6 doesn't work with the network card.
>>         Does
>>         anyone know what significant changes there were that would
>>         affect this
>>         part of the installation process?
>>
>>         David
>>
>> Possibly a dumb question - can you manually configure the IP address?
>> Or maybe deselect the ipv6?
> ----
> Yes, you can manually pass an ip address instead of using DHCP
>
> Fedora has this really cool thing called an 'Installation Guide'

Dunno if anyone else has noticed (or if it's just my hardware or the fact
I'm running x86_64) but if you do a clean install, manually specify the IP
and then try and enable the extras repo the installer crashes...

--
Scott van Looy - email:me at ethosuk.org.uk | web:www.ethosuk.org.uk
site:www.freakcity.net - the in place for outcasts since 2003